Benefits of Working With a Local Independent Agent
Insurance can play a critical role in the financial stability of individuals, families and businesses. However, while adequate coverage may be an essential investment in your fiscal security, understanding how to secure optimal policies at ideal rates can be a complicated and nuanced process. For starters, there may be many different insurance carriers and agents with whom you may choose to entrust with your coverage needs. Making the right choice at this juncture can be critical.
You should first decide what type of insurance agent you may want to work with when assessing and addressing your coverage needs. Generally, most agents fall under one of the following classifications:
- Captive agent—These insurance professionals are typically bound to selling the products of a specific insurance company (e.g., Nationwide, State Farm, Geico or All State).
- Independent agent—These agents, such as those at Axcess Insurance, can work with many insurance carriers, often allowing them to explore a broader selection of coverage options.
What Are the Advantages of Working With an Independent Agent?
Regardless of whether you’re seeking coverage for yourself, your family or a commercial enterprise, you should understand that everyone’s exact coverage needs are unique. Even minor details of your situation may impact your relevant exposures, potential perils you should account for and overall risk levels, therefore influencing your insurance needs.
Fortunately, working with a local and independent insurance agent can garner various benefits for you and other stakeholders for whom you are securing loss control measures. Consider the following potential benefits of working with this type of coverage professional:
- Reduced costs—Independent insurance agents can often peruse a wider variety of coverage options, allowing you to explore policies that may include lower rates and discounts.
- Unbiased advice—While captive insurance agents work with a single insurance company, their independent counterparts bear no loyalty to a single carrier, allowing them to guide you toward the best possible options.
- Limited points of contact—Independent agents often possess versatile knowledge about various types of insurance. This may mean a single party can manage all of your coverages. Meanwhile, captive agents may be more likely to specialize in a single type of insurance, meaning you may need to work with several to satisfy all insurance needs.
- Personalized options—Your family or business may be seeking specific clauses or features to ensure optimal coverage and satisfy unique coverage needs. You may find more ideal options by working with an independent insurance agent who can explore policies across several carriers.
- Local presence—Independent agents are often more likely to be a part of smaller businesses with ties to your local community. This means working with them can help support your local economy. In addition, local agents may be more likely to understand your unique risks and exposures, thereby helping them to address them appropriately.
We’re Here to Help
At Axcess Insurance, we work with many different insurance carriers to help businesses, families and individuals in the Bountiful, UT, area understand their coverage needs and acquire ideal policies. By working with our independent agents, you may be best positioned to ensure you have the insurance you need. Contact us today to learn more.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.